Wednesday, August 11, 2010

T-7

In a week I will board a plane for Africa. In a little over a day I will board a plane to Chicago to pray, fast, and get ready for the journey that lies ahead with fellow vagabonds. My plans are up in the air, and my heart and hands are open, simply seeking to bless people and glorify Jesus. The past few months have been a whirlwind, months I'd previously thought would be dedicated simply to preparing for this trip. I currently find myself at one in the morning a day before I boogie with not a thing packed. But packing is simple. The bigger question is am I emotionally, physically, and most importantly, spiritually prepared for what lies ahead of me? Something I have found abundantly true in the past few insane months is that God is so incredibly, unceasingly faithful. I worry too much. I spend too much time concerned with tomorrow. A wise handsome friend of mine keeps reminding me we are to be anxious for nothing. So here I go. I take a deep breath and plunge forward, trusting that the Creator of the universe knows my steps.

2 comments:

  1. Suzinafrica! I love it!

    Dude, so yeah, I hear all these narrarators voices from movies I've seen telling me "True happiness can only be found with others." It seems to make a lot of sense too, and why I always return to the idea of having a home, but then travelling a lot. But I think maybe while I am young, and loveless, I shall travel for extended periods. But if you got something you don't think you can leave, maybe you shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz- these words are so wise and so true. God will be with you every step of the way! Keep your eyes on Him and keep Him at the center of your thoughts. You are amazing! I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete